- Korea Development Institute ("KDI", "we", "our", or "us") takes the privacy of our users very seriously, and complies with the requirements in "Personal Information Protection Act" and "Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc."
Personal information you provide us when registering will be used for no other purpose than for our Economic Bulletin subscription service.
Use and Retention
Your personal information will be destroyed immediately after the purpose of its collection or use has been achieved after being retained for a certain period of time in accordance with our internal retention policies.
We collect the following personal information at the time of membership sign-up to provide services, such as membership registration, consumer service, and subscription benefits:
- Full name, title, organization or affiliation, domestic or overseas address
- In the course of your using our services, the following information may be automatically generated and collected: IP address, cookie
We take the following measures to secure personal information:
- Administrative measures: internal management plans, regular education programs for employees
- Technical measures: strict clearance procedures for the private information management system, access control system, one-way password encryption, personal information (communications) encryption, and antivirus or security softwares
- Physical measures: restricted access to areas such as data storage or management system rooms.
We never disclose your personal information to a third party unless otherwise specified below.
- If we obtain your prior consent
- If required by laws or requested by investigating authorities for investigation purposes prescribed by related laws and regulations
Users’ Rights and Method of Exercising Those Rights
- Users or their legal representatives reserve the rights to request inspection, correction, deletion, or processing suspension of personal information.
- Users may directly inspect or correct their personal information or cancel their membership on our website after authentication procedure. Or, just contact our personnel in charge of handling private information in writing, or by phone or email, we will process your request immediately.
- All personal information terminated or deleted by the request of users or their legal representatives will be processed in accordance with our internal retention policy and regulations on personal information protection and use, and willnot be inspected or used for other purposes.