2023 tax revision framework
The government has drawn up the 2023 tax revision bill, focusing on the following directions.
(1) Enhance economic vitality mainly in private sectors by boosting exports, investment and domestic demand
(2) Improve livelihoods by easing tax burdens for low- and middle-income households and supporting the self-employed and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
(3) Address demographic and regional crises by supporting childbirth and child-rearing as well as balanced regional development
(4) Improve taxpayers’ convenience and tax fairness by establishing a taxpayer-friendly environment and securing larger tax revenue bases
The 2023 tax revision aims to invigorate the Korean economy, stabilize households’ livelihoods and bolster the capacity to address structural crises.
* For further details, please refer to the attached file